Specific requirements of Thailand for Adoptive Applicants:
- Couples married at least two years, no more than one divorce per parent. Single parents are not considered (other than in the case of certain waiting children).
- Applicants must be at least twenty-five (25) years old. Mothers must be under 40 and fathers under 45 at the time the Thai adoption board is reviewing the dossier.
- Families with documented infertility or other reason pregnancy is not advisable are preferred.
- No more than one child in the home. Child must be at least one year older than child to be adopted.
- The family must be financially stable and able to provide for the needs of a child.
- No major current or past health concerns (cancer, immune disease, degenerative conditions, etc.)
- No current or past mental health medications or diagnoses
- High school degree or above
- No significant criminal history
- Families must be open to sending updates 1-3 times a year to Thailand for a child’s birth family.
Some of these guidelines can be flexible on a case by case basis, so please contact us about your specific situation to see if you may qualify. More flexibility is available for waiting children. If you are unsure if you meet the above guidelines, please consult with the staff at MAA prior to submitting an application.