Ongoing Support for Adoptive Families
Madison Adoption Associates understands that families created through adoption have needs that are different than other families and it is common for adoptive families to need support and services after adoption.
Parenting a child with the grief and loss in adoption requires viewing the world through your child’s eyes and helping them address this loss.
At various times in your child’s life, expect to ask yourself, “Is this an adoption issue?” Know that Madison Adoption is always available to provide ongoing post adoption support.
Post Adoption Resources:
- Support Services for Pennsylvania Families (SWAN)
- Resources for Illinois families
- Delaware Post Adoption Support
- New Jersey Post Adoption Resources
Support Groups for Adoptive Families:
- Adoption Services Support Groups for Adopting Persons: www.adoptionservices.org/adoption/adoption_support_groups.htm
- Families for Russian and Ukrainian Adoption (FRUA): www.frua.org
- Families with Children from China: http://fwcc.org
- Guatemala Adoptive Families Network: www.guatefam.org
- North American Council on Adoptable Children: www.nacac.org
- Our Chinese Daughters Foundation (OCDF): www.ocdf.org