Specific requirements of Hong Kong for Adoptive Applicants:
- Heterosexual couples married at least three years, with a stable marriage. Single parents with a strong support network and excellent ability to care for a child are also considered.
- Applicants must be at least twenty-five (25) years old and old enough to make a life-long commitment to the child.
- There are no limitations of number of children in the home for couples, as long as the family can meet the needs of each child. Singles can have no more than five children already in the home.
- The family must be financially stable, stable living environment, and able to provide for the needs of a child.
- The parents must be in good physical and mental health. No major current or past health concerns (cancer, immune disease, degenerative conditions, etc.).
- High school degree or above
- No significant criminal history
Some of these guidelines may be flexible, on a case-by-case basis, so please contact us about your specific situation to see if you may qualify. If you wish to work with MAA for the Hong Kong program, you need to apply and pay a preliminary fee in order for us to submit your profile. If you are chosen for that child, you will then contract with our agency within 30 days of notice and commit to submitting your dossier promptly. If you are unsure if you meet the above guidelines, please consult with the staff at MAA prior to submitting an application.