When MAA is NOT Your Home Study Provider

If MAA is not your Home Study provider, and if you do not live in Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Illinois, you will need a Home Study provider who is licensed in your state of residence.  It is required that your home study provider have Hague or COA accreditation.  All home study reports must be completed by non-profit, Hague accredited agencies, and not by independent social workers.  Home studies cannot be accepted from independent social workers or for-profit agencies.

If you have already identified a Home Study Agency:
Your home study agency will need to complete the following forms in order to be approved as your home study provider. Home study agencies working with families pursuing adoption from Colombia should send all documents to the Illinois address or Misty@MadisonAdoption.org.  Home Study agencies working with families pursuing adoption from China, Philippines, or Bulgaria should send all documents to the Delaware address or Samantha@MadisonAdoption.org.

1.  Contact Information Form
2.  Exempt Provider Agreement  or  Supervised Provider Agreement for Philippines
3.  Record of Adoptive Parent Training
4a.  Home Study Guidelines & Checklist  – BULGARIA ONLY
4b.  Home Study Guidelines & Checklist CHINA ONLY
4c. Home Study Guidelines & ChecklistCOLOMBIA ONLY
4d. Home Study Guidelines & ChecklistPHILIPPINES ONLY
5a.  Inter-Agency AgreementBULGARIA ONLY
5b.  Inter-Agency Agreement CHINA ONLY
5c. Inter-Agency Agreement COLOMBIA ONLY

5d.  Inter-Agency AgreementPHILIPPINES ONLY

Locate a Home Study Provider Agency
To find an approved or accredited U.S. based Adoption Service Provider for Hague Convention Adoption cases, please check the list provided by the Council on Accreditation (COA).  Under “Services”, use the drop-down menu to select “Hague Incoming Cases”.  Then you can select your state of residence and the country of adoption.

This site lists the providers by their U.S. headquarters’ location. The location of a provider’s headquarters is not an indication of its licensure in a particular state. A provider may also be licensed in multiple states. To find out whether a specific provider is licensed in a particular state, refer to the state licensing body, and/or information made available by the provider.

National Council For Adoption has over 80 member adoption agencies with over 400 offices across the U.S.  Using an NCFA Member Agency gives you the peace of mind that your agency is credible, reliable, and operates in an ethical, transparent manner.  You can search the NCFA Member Agency List for an agency in your state to provide home study services.

You may also wish to refer to the Child Welfare Information Gateway‘s directory of adoption service providers.

Your home study provider must be the same agency who will complete your post-adoption reports.  If your family relocates to a new state after the home study is completed, you must contract with a Hague accredited agency in your new state of residence to complete the post-adoption reports.