Specific requirements of Dominican Republic for Adoptive Applicants:
- Applicants must be at least thirty (30) years old, and may be approved up to age sixty (60). Applicants must be at least fifteen (15) years older than the child to be adopted.
- There is no minimum income required, but the family must be financially stable and able to provide for the needs of a child as well at meeting the income requirements of USCIS (currently 125% of the poverty guidelines).
- There is no family size limit, but family must prove that they can meet the individual needs of the child.
- The applicants must be legally married for at least five (5) years. Single applicants are not permitted to adopt through this program.
- Families adopting from Dominican Republic must be mentally and physically fit to parent. If you take prescription medication or have a health condition, please contact us prior to application to determine if you are eligible. Supporting medical letters will be required with the adoption dossier.
There are certain medical conditions and/or familial situations that will not be approved in Dominican Republic. These include the following:
- Psychiatric Disorders
- Mental Handicap/ Intellectually disabled
- Crime against a person or family, committed with intention
- Crime involving human trafficking or illegal consumption of drugs.
- Any family or adoptive parent(s) that has lost their parental rights or has a child under the care of child protective services.
If you have a particular medical condition, please consult with the staff at MAA prior to submitting an application.